Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Last risk: 904-8a or 604-8H?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member baja's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 30th, 2008
    Posts
    53
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    hi,
    this seems to be my final negotiation - because I'm loosing my patience and time ...
    ok, my last deliberations concern the offer for a pair 904-8a. I've read somewhere, that the bass is less low comparing the 604-H. but when the diaphragm is changed with a 604K unit, the 904 should be marvelous.
    now my final exit, take the 904 for my 612 cabinet project and go for an upgrade with new diaphragms or quit all this back and forth definitely and make a decision toward the 604h.
    thanks

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member
    Last risk: 904-8a or 604-8H?


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Post

    Frankly, either way I would be tempted to add a sub. At which point, personally I would go 904.
    Look at the economics- are the 904's cheap enough to cange the phragms and still have decent money in them? If not, go the 8-H's.

    OTOH I have seen 904's at bargain prices, with the phragm change and a goos sub they likely will be the best final sound.

    Obviously, this is an opninion area. But my reaction is generall go with the best bang for the buck.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.